SureStaffing UK are recruiting for experienced Class 2 Road Sweeper Driver to join a friendly team at our clients waste and recycling company near Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Ensure the roadways and gullies are clear of debris
- Ensure vehicle is in good and safe working order with visual and operational checks- daily and weekly
- Maintenance of the sweeper e.g. changing brushes; keeping the vehicle clean and in good working order
- Ensure the vehicle is loaded safely with the correct materials to avoid cross contamination (follow environmental health and safety policies)
- Ensure safe work environment at all times
- Make sure weekly paperwork and timesheets are signed off and up to date
- Report all sweeper and equipment issues/ damages are reported to the line manager immediately- to ensure speedy response.
- Before leaving site and going on highways the sweeper needs to be washed down and cleaned
- Be familiar with operational manuals
- Be able to use two-way radio’s
- Maintain good working relationships with all site managers, and plan workload to minimize disruption to site
- You must have a minimum of 2 years HGV Class 2 Road Sweeper experience
- Due to insurance requirements you must be over the age 23
- Hold a valid Category (C) driving licence
- Have a valid drivers smart card (Digi card)
- Full & valid DQC (CPC card)
06:00/07:00 – Monday to Friday with occasional weekend (minimum 8 hours)
Rates of Pay:
Basic £11.44 p/h Overtime after 40 hours £12.82 p/h
If you deem yourself suitable then apply today or call Barbara on 01604 320 585
SureStaffing UK Limited are acting as an employment business for temporary assignments and an employment agency for permanent placements.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion, however we will keep your CV and details on our database for 6 months and as soon as we have a vacancy that suits we will be in touch.